Saturday, July 10, 2010

Arrived Safely

Just thought I would write a super quick entry to let everyone know that I have arrived safely in the city. I got into town last night around 7, and our group had a big dinner at the hotel.

Today we all loaded onto a bus and went to a natural park on the outskirts of the city for orientation. We were there all day, and we ate lots of yummy food and drank a special type of coffee that I am in love with. The picture is a view of the city from the road we drove to the park.




It is only about 4 and I'm exhausted. Right now is free time. Lots of people are out exploring, but I don't want to get sick and lose my voice, which happens a lot when I travel. So here I am in the hotel room, on Facebook. We have a Spanish test at 6 and at 7:30 I get to meet my family. They wrote me a quick letter that I got earlier today. It says (roughly):

Hello Kelsey, and welcome to Mexico! I'm sure that you will like it here very much, especially Guanajuato. We have lots of fine things here! You're going to have a really good time. We are happily waiting for you to come join us in your house.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Whats the family like?
    -your troublesome sister, Molly.

    ReplyDelete