Saturday, May 28, 2011

Saying Goodbye

I'm not one to cry. Really, I'm not. But this past week has been full of tears. Between little cries with Alexander and busting out into tears over breakfast with my host mom, the tears have been flowing this past week.

I've never had to say goodbye to someone incredibly close to me knowing that I will probably never see them again. Saying goodbye to Charlie and the other exchange students was way harder than I expected it to be...

We went to El Bar, the salsa club downtown. It was weird that we ended up there, because I haven't been since we took salsa lessons my very first month in Mexico. Being there with everyone and with Alexander was so weird. The bar hasn't changed a bit, but I have. I was in a strange reflective mood all night. Remember that time I tripped during my first salsa lesson? Remember the first time Charlie tried to teach me how to dance salsa? (hey, let's try it again a year later...nope, I'm still a horrible dancer...). Look at everyone working here, think of the ridiculous nights you had with them a year ago, and try not to bust out laughing every time you look at them....(ESPECIALLY Armando....though Gustavo and Turus were a bit of a challenge too...).

Mexico, I already miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment