Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Things are Picking Up!

Minus a huge shock from PSU financial aid, things are starting to look a lot better here (not that they were ever bad, they are just better now).

Today was my first class that actually happened. I was way too excited. It is just my spanish class through my study abroad program, but it is with the teacher that I had in my orientation course who I love. And there is only one other person in the class, so I am going to be speaking lots and lots of grammatically correct spanish.

Class gets out at 9 in the morning when it is still pretty cool outside, so I went for a nice jog today. There is a park nearby my house with a track-like path in decent condition, and I have tons of time, so I was there for a little over an hour jogging and walking. It was amazing, I needed to jog out some agression. My plan is to go after each spanish class (Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday) and probably Sunday too. We shall see how closely I stick to this plan. I can{t use being too busy as an excuse anymore, so hopefully that works out.

I think one of the hardest things so far about being here has been adjusting to the food my family eats. Not that it is bad, it is really yummy most of the time, but it is just different than what I am used to. Quesadillas for breakfast, a really heavy and generally greasy lunch, and donuts or something really sugary for dinner. Lots of soda too, which I just can not drink anymore. Even though I have my pig out moments, in general I ate pretty healthily in Portland, so it has been a little difficult adjusting. Going to sleep after eating massive amounts of sugar is not so fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment