Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I love those little moments when it really hits me how much I have learned since coming here. Especially since I have basically been stuck inside the house for the entire month of September, these moments keep me going.

Last week in my literature class our professor randomly decided to give us thirty minutes to read a short story and give a presentation on it. Thirty minutes. 10 pages in Spanish. I probably would have died before I got here, but I tore through the story and wrote up an outline with time to spare. Luckily there wasn't enough time for me to present. That still makes me tremble in fear :P But on the bus ride home, I was thinking about what had just happened, and I could not stop smiling. It took me a good hour to read and understand the three page short stories in the Spanish 303 text book, and I had just whipped through a ten page story in a quarter of that time. Incredible.

So as much as this month has sucked, I am making progress. And October will be good. No more doctor's appointments please.

No comments:

Post a Comment