Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tomorrow I have to give a presentation in my lit class. In front of a room of native speakers. AHHHHHHHH. But I am not half as terrified as I would have been when I first got here. I know that my Spanish has greatly improved, and every day I realize how much.

After a pretty horrible September, things have been pretty amazing. I have been feeling fine (doctor's appointment on Thursday to get the results of my throat swab). Keeping busy with TONS of homework. Things with my family are going really well. Looking forward to a problem free (hopefully) end of the term. The next two months are absolutely going to fly by.

This week is the beginning of Cervantino, which is a massive festival in Guanajuato. Tens of thousands
of people from all over are flocking to our tiny little city for concerts, art shows, parties, etc.
It is supposed to be nuts. And since it is the bicentennial of Mexico, this year Cervantino lasts four weeks instead of three. Tomorrow is the official start date, should be fun. But I am a little nervous about how loud it is going to be. Apparently celebrations last all night. I live right downtown where everything is concentrated. My family warned me that this month I am pretty much just not going to sleep.



November will be crazy busy. I will be taking finals, writing a huge paper for history, going to Oaxaca and Chiapas with Lisa, then going to Guadalajara before flying back home to Portland for December and January. We have such an enormous break, I can't even believe it. But I am also very excited to see friends and family.


No comments:

Post a Comment