Monday, January 10, 2011

Tonsils out!


My time in Oregon is coming to a close, I fly out in just 8 days.

It has been pretty incredible to be home. I got to spend lots of time with friends, family, and the boyfriend. And like I wanted, I got my tonsils out! It was ridiculous how often I was sick in Mexico, so I'm really glad that I got that taken care of at home. The surgery was not too bad, I think the worst part was the pain meds they gave me after. They made me so nauseated that I couldn't keep anything down. Yesterday I stopped taking them during the day and I feel so much better. My throat hurts, but I can eat a little bit. I'm stuck in bed basically until I fly back to Mexico, and I am SO BORED. I went back to posts about my trip (which I never finished...still have 3 days to go. I'll get to it) and added some photos.

I'm sad that I can't end my time in Oregon on a high with lots of adventures, but I'm excited to get back to Mexico and be able to push myself more than last term. So far I don't have any concrete plans for the semester, but I do want to try and get to the Yucatan Peninsula and back to Chiapas. Some beach time is most definitely in order. We will see what happens.

Hiking!

The boy.

Christmas

1 comment:

  1. eek I hope your tonsils are all better now!

    It`s silly but I kind of cant wait to see what reverse culture shock is going to be like when I go home. I miss Oregon a lot right now, but Im sure when I get home Ill miss Japan a lot...!

    ReplyDelete