Monday, January 31, 2011

More Gushing About How Much I Love Mexico

My host mommy made a comment today about how dark my skin already is, after only being back in Mexico for a week. I spend a huge portion of my day out in the sun doing homework (which usually ends in me being sleepy...but sometimes can be productive). The sun beats down on the tiny staircase in our garden that leads to my bedroom, and I sit there for hours every morning reading.




This weekend was great. Between the sun, the food (I can't even count the number of times I have had chorizo this weekend...we may need to have an intervention), the beer, and the company, I was kind of in heaven. I spent the weekend people watching on the steps of Teatro Juarez, eating chorizo tacos in various plazas around the city, meeting new people at the dirty hippie bar, catching up with my other exchange buddies who also went home over break...like I said, heaven.




No comments:

Post a Comment