Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Quelsi

I just finished up my third English lesson with my host dad, and they have been going really well. He is still a beginner, so we had to switch from having discussions to going over grammar. So far, it has been going really well. Looking at English from the perspective of a Spanish speaker has been really strange (especially the pronunciation of English words...it makes no sense whatsoever), and I feel like I am learning a lot about both languages.

I'm pretty sure that I have already mentioned how much trouble Spanish speakers have with my name. They have a lot of trouble with the K-e-l combination, because the way you pronounce "k" in Spanish (kah) leaves an "a" almost always following it. Usually my name turns into Cassie or Kahlsee, or some really strange combination of letters, but today my host dad wrote it out "Quelsi"...which actually sounds almost like my name. But then he asked me how the hell I spelled my name, because he had absolutely no idea :)

On an unrelated note, this weekend I am headed to Mexico City. The new exchange students are taking the trip we took last term to Teotihuacan, Xochimilco, and a few other places, and the ones who already went have some other options. I'm really excited, I really like Mexico City and I can't wait to see more of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment