Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Quick Update

Just a quick update.

Moved in with my host family. My mom, Berta, is the sweetest little lady, and my dad, Jesus, is so adorable. I am excited to live with them. My sister is out of town and I don´t get to meet her until later.

The next three weeks are pretty low key. I have Spanish class from 9 to 12 and then our Orientation type class from 12 to 1. Then I go home for lunch and basically have nothing to do all day except homework. My house doesn´t have internet, which is really nice when I need to get stuff done. I end up watching a lot of Law and Order with my mom. Just like back in the States.

I live about 5 minutes from the university but I still get lost everytime I leave the house. I am getting the hang of it though. Today I walked home from class without getting lost. Hopefully tomorrow I can get there without getting lost. I live RIGHT next to one of the biggest tourist attractions in town, and just around the corner from the main plaza, so if I get super lost I just ask how to get to either of those. But getting lost is fun. There is a lot to see here.

For some reason we aren´t going on a tour of the city until the 17th, so I haven´t seen most of the landmarks of the city. That should be interesting.

That is all for now. Pictures when I find somewhere that I can get wireless!

No comments:

Post a Comment