Monday, August 16, 2010

Food

I never have any idea what is going on with my family. It can be a little confusing. Right now it looks like they are moving all of the living room furniture into the bottom floor, which makes no sense. I didn't know for like a month if my brother even lived at home or in D.F. Our grandma just randomly appears on our couch, but I'm pretty sure she is moved out for good now. I have no idea where my sister's bedroom is or how she gets in and out, because she never uses the front door. I feel like I am just constantly confused...especially when it comes to food. Half the time I have no idea what I am eating.

Thursday I randomly ran into my brother (turns out he is living at home and is taking classes at the university. At the same time as me.) and he walked with me for a bit. We were talking and he randomly decided to go buy me some juice. We end up at this super sketch looking juice stand, and I had the feeling that I was going to get ridiculously sick from whatever he got me. I told him to just get whatever was the best, so he got me the green juice. I have no idea what it was still, but it was very green. It was a lot like Naked or Odwalla, but mixed with grapefruit juice. And it was AMAZING. AND I didn't get sick. I need to find this place and try the other types.

On Sundays my family goes and buys mystery meat that comes in a plastic bag. It is really tender and juicy and has various organs floating around in it. I'm afraid to ask what it is because it doesn't taste horrible, but I can't eat lots of it because it just looks so nasty. Something vaguely resembling a tongue appeared on my plate, so far that has been the second thing my family served me that I couldn't even touch.

Usually dinner is some sort of bread or donuts with milk. I really don't like drinking milk, but I have been. Finally the other day I told my mom I would rather just drink water, which was really funny. She was very confused. She kept saying "Water? Really? What are you going to do with water?" Then she made me tea instead, which was yummy. But really, I like water.

For the most part, all of my food is really yummy. I love the quesadillas they make for breakfast, with the super spicy green salsa. Mangoes here are twenty million times better, they are a lot sweeter. So yummy. And I'm getting hungry thinking about them, so I am going to stop writing now.


1 comment: