Thursday, September 9, 2010

Two Months

Today is the two month anniversary of my arrival in Mexico. I can hardly believe that. So far it has been amazing. There have definitely been a few rough patches, but I am still happy to be here. I have learned so much in the past two months, and I can't wait to see how the rest of the year plays out.

I haven't been up to much lately because of the stomach infection, but here are some random thoughts.

Tuesday I finished up the meds for my stomach infection and I can now eat whatever I want. Last night I went out with a few friends to our favorite taco place and got myself some delicious tacos and a beer. It is funny, when I first got here I couldn't even eat green salsa because it was so spicy, but now I put it on everything. It is so delicious.

My family just got connected to Internet a few days ago. It is amazing to be able to Skype with friends and family NOT in Starbucks, amazing that I can return to my usual morning routine of waking up and reading the news in bed for a little while. And so far, my homework productivity hasn't suffered. Hopefully that keeps up.

September is a very special month for Mexico. September 16th is their independence day, and this year is especially important because it is the 200th anniversary of their independence. The entire town is covered in flags and decorations, and there have been parades and celebrations almost every day. I can't even imagine what next week is going to be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment