Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Perfect Day

Between working at the kindergarten, being a somewhat good student, and actually having a social life, the past week absolutely flew by.

Nothing important to note between Valentine's Day and today.

At the kindergarten, for some reason the teacher decided to have a two hour long meeting with the school director in the middle of the school day, leaving me alone with 15 rowdy Spanish speaking children (and by the way, she didn't mention this at all to me. I was clueless until another teacher came out and told me that recess for my class was over and I had to get them ready for lunch). I was surprised at how well they behaved at first, but after lunch that all went down the drain. Books were being thrown across the classroom, children were locking other children in closets, and I was trying my best to hold it all together. It was madness. And even though those kids gave me hell, I STILL love them to death.

After class, the teacher I work with, Anabel, invited me to her house for lunch. She is such a sweet lady who is so excited that I am there to help her. (Sidenote- I almost didn't end up with this class because when we were introduced to the teacher I thought she was mean, but I liked the kids. So I chose to be with this class and I am so glad!). She introduced me to her 14 year old daughter and her husband (who works for the Supreme Court of Guanajuato). I thought I was just having lunch with them, but they kept me the whole day. We went and got ice cream, went on a walk, talked a lot about education, had dinner, and then they drove me home. They are all so incredibly sweet, and made me feel really at home. I have a feeling this will be a repeat occurrence.

I WAS planning on doing my ridiculous reading for my class Wednesday morning when I got home from Anabel's, but then a group of my friends invited me to go out. Originally I was only going to stay an hour...but time flies when you are having fun. Now it is almost 1am and I have a ton of reading to do before my class tomorrow.Yet here I am, updating my blog. Oh well, I can be an irresponsible student every now and then, right?

Also, camping is a possibility this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment